BetaFPV Beta75X 2S Whoop Quadcopter
The FC Board
Upgraded to V1.2. It can support programable LED like WS2812 etc. The LED holder is designed on the 75X frame nowadays. But there's no LED holder on the 65X frame.
Frsky Receiver Firmware Explanation
BETA75X Frsky reciver is now pre-flashed in EU-LBT firmware or FCC firmware. So you can choose the 2S whoop based on the firmware of your radio controller.
If you are not sure about what firmware you have on your radio controller?
Please check out here on our support page.--27th Septmber 2018
BETA75X Frsky receivers were all pre-flashed in FCC firmware before 27th September.
Thus,if your radio controller uses EU-LBT firmware,you have to flash the firmware of the Frsky receiver to EU-LBT firmware. Otherwise, you can't bind successfully.
For EU-LBT firmware users that has bought Beta75X with FCC firmware for Frsky receiver, you can checkout here to find out how to flash Frsky receiver to EU-LBT firmware.
Cli Dump & Methods to Connect the Receiver to the 2S FC & Binding Procedures
Note: The DSMX receiver used on the 75X is different from the one we used before. The binding procedure is also different.
Find out details on our support page.
This is a new era for Whoop drones. 2S Whoop drone has the power to fly real acro, like a larger quad, but is still small enough, safe enough, and quiet enough to fly anywhere. Beta75X and Beta65X. X is for "eXtreme".
A detailed review of the Beta75X drone by Nate Payne on YT.
See how fast the 2S whoop drone is. Video by Daniel Sugano.
Another overview and flight video by Brenden Guffin.
For more video about these 2S Whoop drone, please check here:
Have any questions about 2S Whoop drone, please join our group on Facebook:
Join the online discussion about 2S Whoop drones at RCGroups.com:
- Beta75X start a new era of 2S whoop drones. With a big improvement in power, you could fly real acro, like a larger quad, but is still small enough, safe enough, and quiet enough to fly anywhere.
- With the high performance STM32F405 processor FC boards and tuned Betaflight Ominibus 3.5.0 firmware, everyone could fly the Beta75X drone like a racing professor.
- Durable and light enough frame is customed for the Beta75X. A total weight of 41g give pilots a good balance of weight and nice punch on 2S battery.
- Whole drone no soldering or tinkering necessary. Customed lightest 1103 11000KV motors with cable connectors. Just plug and play.
- 350mAh 2S high rate battery is recommend in default. But pilot could also use their whoop batteries with a replaced power cable. Optional and affordable.
- Weight: 41g (without battery)
- Motors: 1103 11000KV with connector
- Props: 40mm 4-blades props, 1.5mm shaft hole
- Camera: Z02 AIO Camera 35 degree
- Receiver Option: Frsky XM+ / FullSpeed DSMX / Futaba S-FHSS / Flysky
- Battery:350mah 2S Battery (Stock battery)/ 300mah 1S Battery (Not on sales any more)
Find more details about this 2S F4 FC board in another page.
- CPU: STM32F405
- Six-Axis: MPU6000
- Size: 26mm x 26mm, whoop mounting pattern
- Firmware version: Betaflight OMNIBUSF4SD (OBSD) 3.5.0
- OSD: Built-in BetaFlight OSD (STM32 controls OSD chip over SPI in DMA mode)
- Smart Audio port is available for radio control VTX
Find more details about this 2S ESC board in another page.
- Support BLheli/BLHELI_S suite Pass-through ready
- Dshot600 in default
- Input voltage: 2S lipo
- Cotinue current: 6A
- Peak current: 10A
- Firmware: BLHELI_S
- Processor: SILABS EFM8BB21F16G
Z02 AIO Camera VTX
Find more details about this AIO Z02 camera VTX in another page. On the Beta75X, it is the customed version with VTX board and camera board split.
- Output power: 0mW, 25mW and 200mW (Adjustable)
- Smart Audio function is included for radio control
- Antenna: Dipole ANT
- Frequency: 5.8GHz 6 bands 48 channels, with Raceband: 5362~5945MHz
- TV System: NTSC
- Field of view: 100-120 degrees with 1/4 lens
The Beta75X drone comes with "props out" in default. Why we need "props out" direction?
Default Betaflight props direction, quadcopter dips and "washes out" in hard corners. With reversed props or "props out", no more dipping even in hardest cornering.
There are 2 choices for the Beta75X battery. For the best performance, we recommend a 2S 350mAh battery with XT30 connector. If you already have many 1S whoop style batteries and want to use them on the Beta75X drone, then we also provide a PH 2.0 option for you. The two 300mAh Lipo HV 1S batteries can be inserted into the slot with the help of an adapter, as seen below.
The AIO camera VTX on the Beta75X is a customed version of Z02. The VTX board and camera board are split and 35 degree camera mount for more fast flying. At the same time, it have all the other function of the Z02 camera, like output power switchable between 0mW, 25mW and 200mW. Smart audio is available for VTX remote control in default.
How to change the frequncy or output power via remont control, please check the manual Smart Audio.
Download the STL file for the camera mount.
1. Update about the LED at the rear for Beta75X
The FC board is now upgraded to V1.2. It can support programable LED like WS2812 etc. The LED holder is designed on the 75X frame nowadays.
Note: there is NO rear LED holder for Beta65X in default.
2. I am interested in connecting an HD camera and DVR, but I don't want to overload the circuit of 5V.
The 5V regulator on the FC board could handle 2A of load. So you could use it for HD camera or DVR board. More details, please check the FC board page.
3. Does this drone have current sensor?
This drone does NOT have a real current sensor. We use the virtual current meter in Betaflight. When properly calibrated, it can be accurate enough to be useful. Here is the pre-calibrated value out of the box.
set current_meter = VIRTUAL
set ibatv_scale = 90
set ibatv_offset = 29
4. How to connect the receiver to the 2S brushless FC?
Please don't forget to plug the battery when you try to connect the connector to the 2S brushless FC. Find out more details in our support page.
5. Cli Dump for different versions of the 2S Whoop are provided in our support page.
- 1 * Beta75X BNF 2S Whoop Quadcopter
- 1 * Spare 40mm 4-blades props (2CW+2CCW)
- 1 * 350mAh 2S 35C-70C battery (Not for PNP version) / 2 * 300mAh 1S Lipo HV batteries (Not for PNP version)
- 1 * Spare Canopy